Homeowners insurance protects your home and its contents in the event of disasters or theft. I work with some of the best insurance agents in the business and am always happy to answer any questions you may have or introduce you to one of my trusted partners in business. A good insurance agent can review your needs and suggest ideas on how you can lower your insurance rate.
Here are a few ideas that may help you lower your rate:
- Carry multiple policies with the same provider – Insurance companies want your business and will often reward you with lower rates for carrying multiple policies with them.
- Increase your deductible – In many cases, you can save a large sum of money on your home insurance simply by going with a high-deductible policy. This is somewhat of a gamble because while your deductible will be more expensive if you have to pay it, the monthly fee will be cheaper.
- Invest in an advanced alarm system – Installing alarms that detect fire, carbon monoxide and burglary systems help to lower your home insurance premiums. Advanced alarms that report to a central location and alert first responders can lower your premium even more.
- Be loyal to your provider – Most insurance companies will offer you a lower rate the longer you have been with the company.
- Keep a good credit score – As with most forms of loans, a good credit score can also earn you a lower rate on your home insurance.
I would be happy to refer you to someone who can give you fantastic advice on homeowners insurance. Call me today to set up an appointment!Tags: Insurance